Bonjoro allows you to create custom email addresses which can be used to send messages from Bonjoro. Your personalized videos and messages sent from your email address.
The best reason to do this is your customers will be more likely to open and interact with your content if it's from a trusted source. Further, sending from your own email address can significantly improve your chances of your messages being correctly delivered to the intended recipient.
Creating a custom email address is easy. But to do so you'll have to first connect your domain or a mail integration like Gmail or Outlook.💡All users start with a basic default Bonjoro email address. This was created when you initially signed up. If you have not connected your email this will be the email address you are currently sending from and where replies will always be sent too. (Read more about replies here ) 💡
Here you can,
- View your current email addresses
- Add and choose which email address you want to send from
- Connect your business domain
- Add a mail integration (Gmail / Outlook / Microsoft)
- Create new custom email addresses.
Decide if you want to connect your business domain (recommended) or connect your mail integration (fastest) or both 💪.
Follow the instructions below to complete your preferred connection and create a custom email address.
Creating a custom email address by connecting your business domain
Create a new domain in Bonjoro
- Click the 'Business Domains' tab in Outbound email addresses
- Enter the domain you wish to connect. Eg. If the domain was www.bonjoro.com just enter 'bonjoro.com'. DO NOT INCLUDE THE www. Note: Public domains like google.com are not allowed. The domain must be a domain you own.
- You will see your new domain record has been created in Bonjoro and it is not yet verified. Good job!
Add the TXT record to your domains DNS provider and wait for verification.
- You will need to verify your domain by adding a TXT record within your DNS provider. If this sounds complicated, don't worry. Watch the video we've prepared or follow the instructions for popular DNS providers we've linked below.
- Don't know who your DNS provider is? Please see the section below on how to determine who provides you with this service.
Note: Once you've added your TXT record it can take up to 48 hours for this to be validated and verified.
My domain is verified, what's next?
- Once your domain has been verified you can start now create a customer email address for this domain! Excellent!
- Go to 'Custom email addresses' and click 'Add email address'.
- Enter a name and the email address you want to use. Eg. [email protected] if your domain is bonjoro.com.
- Click the link in the verification email we will send you.
- 🎉You can now configure your sender to use your new email address! Note - only change the 'Reply forwarding address' if you would like your reply notifications to be sent to a different email address than the one you send from (e.g. a shared [email protected]... address) If you it to your sending address you will get 2 x notifications for each reply.
How to create a new TXT record with your DNS provider
Setup Instructions for common DNS providers
- Godaddy TXT Record
- Cloudflare TXT record instructions
- Crazy Domains TXT record instructions
- Amazon SES and Route 53 TXT record instructions
- Rackspace TXT record instructions
- Blue Host DNS record instructions
If you use a different DNS hosting service just do a quick google search for their instructions as every DNS provider will be slightly different. If you can't find instructions for your provider it's best to contact their support directly.
What if you don't know who your DNS provider is?
Sometimes your domain name registrar (where you bought your domain name) is not the same service that is responsible for handling your DNS setup. To find out who your DNS provider is we recommend using this tool: https://whois.icann.org/en
Just enter your domain name and WHOIS will return your registrar and Name Server. Your DNS provider is the one in the Name Server section and this can be different to your registrar.
Alternatively you can ask the IT service that set up your DNS/email - or contact your domain name registrar and ask them who is handling your DNS.
💡Need more help?
Creating a custom email address using a mail integration (Gmail, Outlook)
If you use either Google's Gmail or Microsoft's Outlook then connecting these services as a mail integration, and creating a custom email address, is quick and easy.
- Navigate to Mail integrations in Outbound email addresses
- Click add Gmail OR add Outlook
- Follow the authorisation prompts and accept permissions for Bonjoro to connect with your chosen service.
- You'll be redirected to Bonjoro and a new custom email address will be ready to go for your mail integration
- 🎉You can now configure your sender to use your new email address!
💡If you use Gmail to host your business or personal email address you still choose to configure that by connecting your business domain. We do recommend this over the direct integration. 💡