If your CRM does not connect to Bonjoro or Zapier we can still create a to-do if you get sign ups (for example) and you can set your CRM to send a notification email when this occurs. To set this up you will need:
How does it work?
Here is an overview of the process.
- When someone signs up your CRM will send a notification email to the Zapier Email Parser mailbox - you can also set up an automatic forward from your own email address if you cannot set multiple destination emails in the CRM.
- The mailbox will read the email and pull out variables like first names, email addresses, and the reason for the notification email
- This will trigger a zap and create a Bonjoro using the variables read right out of the notification email (super cool!)
Okay - I'm in, but how do I do it?
The first step is to create your Zapier and Parser accounts (if you don't have them).
- Set up a Parser mailbox. The process is documented in Zapier's excellent help docs here: https://zapier.com/apps/email-parser#two
- Send a notification email (with the same formatting as the notification emails you will be sent from your CRM) to the Parser Mailbox
- Follow the instructions in the help doc above to teach the Email parser to recognise the variables like 'first name',
- Link your Zapier and Parser account and 'Create a zap'
- Set the Parser as the trigger and configure it to use the mailbox you set up in Step 1
- Select Bonjoro as the Action App - with 'Create Bonjoro to do' as the action.
- Use the variables from the body of the email you taught to the parser in step 3 to create the to-do.
Following the steps above you can take text from the body of an email like first names, email addresses and reasons and use them to create Bonjoro To-Dos.
It might seem a bit daunting on first pass but it is simpler than it might appear. If you need a hand at any stage please contact the Bonjoro team and we can set up a video call to talk you through it if you get stuck.
As always - Happy Bonjoroing!